20 January 2008

snow?

More snow than I've seen in the city since I moved here fell all morning and afternoon yesterday, and though only an inch covered the ground, Atlantans everywhere found an excuse to skip work and sled down any hill they could find. Becca, Julian, and I ventured to the world's first (and 1000th, it's complicated) Waffle House in Decatur for breakfast, and as the snow really started to fall, John and Madison came by the house. Becca's presence was cut short by the demands of Swarovski and an apparent snowfall rush for crystal paperweights, but the four of us remaining toured a city newly strange and foreign following a significant addition of the color white. After stopping by Oxford Comics, we grabbed Tom from his Edgewood loft and found ourselves in Candler Park, where we ran into Katie and Jamie and later met up with Judson. John, Julian, Tom, Madison, Jud, and I then found ourselves in the midst of a snowball war with some local hipsters who were soundly defeated with such a lack of protection as our own playground fortress, and the six of us eventually collaborated on a giant snow penis sculpture in the middle of the park that, though appreciated by several passersby ranging from rowdy teenagers to married couples with dogs, was promptly destoryed and converted into a less publicly harmful snowman within minutes of our leaving. Afterwards, Julian, myself, and the Twinhead gang made our way to Atlantic Station to see Cloverfield, inspring Julian and me towards a possible Cloverfield: Atlanta sort of parody for the end of this month's swiftly approaching CampusMovieFest. We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you go to enjoy the snow!

It's aaalllmmmmooossttt your birthday!