After more than a week's worth of debate, we've finally reached what seems to be the final idea for our Campus MovieFest entry this year, a faux trailer for a kid's movie entitled "Me and My 'Bot" in the typical soul-crushingly derivative style of one of today's Disney or Nickelodeon movies. Although absolutely none of my own ideas to previous ideas (before this one specifically was decided on while I was, of course, not there), I am supposedly playing the lead role, that of a 12-year-old boy, a role easy imitable any time I shave my beard. I hope this year's film will be fun to make, but I honestly feel like it's going to instead cause more stress than anything else; just settling on an idea to begin with just made people needlessly worried or angry, I just hope that doesn't foreshadow what filming will be like.
I just realized that the notion of "Quality" that Pirsig describes in Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance is the same thing as Plato's idea of "forms".
Ventured to Hipster Central last night, also known as the small strip of Ponce that includes the Local and MJQ on a Wednesday night. Brooke just returned from a trip to Peru and Bolivia, where she aggressively sailed the tranquil waters of Lake Titicaca and violated UNESCO protocols by spraypainting "cocaine rulez" all over Machu Picchu. At one point, she even headed the Bolivian government for almost seven hours, one of the longest terms yet. Nevertheless, she just returned home and met up with us last night. Stacy, Greg, Brooke, and I first stopped at the Local, where we had a drink or two before heading off to MJQ, where we of course danced the goddamn night away.
My birthday party is this Saturday night, after a substantial amount of filming during the day. Taylor and Anna are coming down (sans Kelly, the bastard), and I've so far been surprised and pleased at the developing guest list, so we'll see where all this takes us.
25 January 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment