And so it begins again, eh?
Things have changed, some gradually over the past several years, some more obvious and sudden, culminating only in the past few weeks.
But that can get boring.
Let's just say, for one, that I'm through with academia. Not to say I may not venture to graduate school in the (potentially quite far) future, but I'd like to get some actual learning done for once, and gazing back on my academic career thus far, I can say with complete certainty that I've learned absolutely nothing worth any value while sitting in a classroom since high school. Yes, I exaggerate, but not much. Everything I've learned, I've done so through the people I've loved, the road trips I've taken, the laws I've broken, the comic books I've read, and the many states of being through which I've ascended.
My plans for the future have significantly changed as a result of this decision, and they're more fluid now than they've ever been. It's honestly quite difficult to describe exactly how excited and relieved I've been feeling about all this, not as some sort of cure-all or ultimate solution, but rather the opposite; now that I have less of an idea about where I'm going, I'm more content to care about what's happening right now.
05 January 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment