23 May 2007

the luckiest guy on the lower east side

This has already been a painful and exciting week so far, and it doesn't seem to be coming to an end any time soon. I've been rather sick for the past few days, culminating in about fifteen hours' worth of work lost, and rendering me more than $100 poorer for this month. But I've survived on less.

Katie and Jamie have been steadily moving all of their possessions out of the house all week, Julian and I set to begin the same process next week. I can't wait to live in the new loft, though we're still more than a little unsure about who exactly it is that will be living with us, as Christian and Becca are no longer going to be able to do so. So, anyone looking for a place?

In more exciting news, I love Last.fm. And I'm headed to Houston slash Austin this July slash August with Anna to see Arman, Steven, Ben, Paul, Dan, and the rest of the Texans we know. And I can't honestly believe how much I love the Magnetic Fields, and how surprised I was to learn this weekend of the involvement of one Daniel Handler (a.k.a. Series of Unfortunate Events author Lemony Snicket) as the accordionist on the Magnetic Fields' 69 Love Songs, and Stephin Merrit's formation of the Gothic Archies to supply a soundtrack for the Unfortunate Events series.

Julian and I headed to Brooke and Sarah (Scoles)'s new place on the literal edge of Decatur Avenue last Friday, along with Stacy and new beau Toma, to have a lovely little barbecue on what may be called the "backyard" of the new place. Though unexpected, I was deemed the grillmaster and was therefore responsible for the majority of the burgers, hot dogs, and vegetables grilled, culminating in one of the most wonderful barebcue experiences one can have. After dropping Julian off at the Plaza Theatre, where he now works by the way, the five of us remaining headed to the drive-in for Hot Fuzz, the second time I 'd seen it that week (the first being with Julian at Midtown Arts earlier). Of course, barbecues aren't always such fun and games, as illustrated by the simple fact that my insides were wreaked havoc with after eating barbecue food the rest of the weekend, both at Katie's graduation party and over at the loft the night before last. Alas.


No comments: