I must be the only one I know who wishes he spent more time on the Internet. What with facebook, Blogger, gmail, LastFM, and the rest, I quite honestly think it all contributes a great deal to forging somewhat of an identity for myself I can grip onto, not to mention social networks keeping friendships alive that would dissipate into sadsad nothingness if completely unaided. Now, I'm not saying that I wouldn't know who I am as an individual or love and support the friends I don't see every day without the Internet's glorious possibilities, but it sure helps.
So our time at the 705 Blake home is drawing to a close, and although I'll forever miss this place, I'll be glad to leave the earwigs and electrical fire hazards behind. Julian, Becca, and I (also, Lisa Brooks and Ganondorf) are moving into the Cabbagetown/Fourth Ward loft with Joshua, Roberta, Chris, and Christian (and Guinness) at the beginning of June, and though Jules has his concerns, I'm little else but incredibly excited. Lack of privacy or silence aside, this is bound to be one of the most incredible places I've ever lived; and in addition to the obvious physical perks of the loft itself, I've become great friends with Roberta and discovered a kindred soul in Joshua both recently, so I look forward to living with them. Sure, maybe Roberta will eat all my peanut butter and I'll kidnap Guinness for ransom, or possibly Julian and Becca will chain Joshua to the spiral staircase for leaving dirty dishes on the floor, but I think we'll overcome any roommate troubles and otherwise have a beautiful time together.
The past weeks have brought us such wonderful things such as our backyard 4/20 barbecue, fun at the Local and Manuel's Tavern, Katie's birthday and ensuing celebration, a memorable trip to the Oakland Cemetery with Joshua, and the CampusMovieFest finale, but if you're reading this, you were either there or have at least seen the photos.
Enjoy.
02 May 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Why the F would I chain Josh to the staircase for leaving dirty dishes around? You're the one who's always like "OMG Lyk R deez dishes 4 reelz?" By the way, Lorelei is the name of the faux Anna Nicole they had on that awful awful Law and Order.
mE GET XCITED 4 LIVING WIT U! aGAIN!
Post a Comment