13 December 2008

straight up on that kryptonite

Times, they are a-changin'.

Fuck you, guy, get off my computer.


Sorry, guys, Bob Dylan got a hold of my computer and decided to comment on the travails of my life with one of those all-too-common lyrics of his.


But he's right.

It's mid-December, and my plans for the future are significantly different than my complacent appraisal of the present as soon as a few months ago.

Now, the most important things to me have not changed: I am most principally an Atlantan; a self-affirmed performatist/postmodernist literati Marxist; a crazy progressive liberal homosexual; a huge fan of microzoology, entomology, and particle physics; a member of ambitious, juvenile, clever, insane Twinhead Theatre; and a representative of the thousands of job-seeking American recessionistas who long for a moderate wage.

Otherwise, though, there are some major changes about. Come March, I'll be living with BFF Joshua Martin and no longer with longtime other-half Julian, for one. And dear lord, I will also hopefully have an exaggeratedly different job than the one I hold currently. This upcoming year will likely provide new positions, new pets, new destinations, new newness. Different directions are planned for Twinhead, my occupation of choice, my relationship with Jules, and well, in case you haven't been paying attention, this big, strange country of ours.

In other words, I have some strong feelings about this whole 2009 thing, but I really anticipate an unexpected outcome.

Things are indeed changing. I've been spending time with a swiftly shifting core group of friends, and have also surprisingly reintroduced the likes of old friends like Mike, Tyler, and Jack back into the scheme of people vitally important to me. I've started smoking cigarettes again, but I've also never had more fruits, vegetables, and healthy proteins in my diet than ever before. My recently reacquired passion for video games and comic books has lately drifted back to novel reading and information obsession. And perhaps the most dramatic shift of all is my hobby of backyard steel production in favor of bathroom microprocessor manufacture.

Nobody knows for sure what the future holds, but we all (should) at least know that. Nevertheless, I anticipate a future at least haphazardly mapped out within this labyrinth collective mind of ours, but I have no idea what the journey there will be like.

Hh.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Haha new newness. Also, does going from backyard steel production to bathroom microprocessor whatever mean you've quit shitting in the backyard?

kaffeemitschlag said...

Stop shitting in the backyard? things aren't changing THAT much.

- said...

Great job as Warhol, by the way!