16 September 2007

and god knows i've got to live mine

These past few weeks working at the Emory bookstore have been better than I'd thought they would, especially the delicious hospital food I eat for lunch every day. Of course, my current biweekly stipend will be under minimum wage come 2009, but the job is easy, lunch is affordable, I'm working with Greg, and I keep running into old drug dealers.

The past two weeks have been just bursting with movie theater- and park-related adventures: the vampire slayer musical Once More, with Feeling at the Plaza Theatre last Saturday night, complete with Julian in a blonde wig playing Buffy on stage during a pre-show game; a five-person after-hours viewing (with a box of wine) of Peewee's Big Adventure on midnight Tuesday at the Plaza; the Turkish Festival in Piedmont Park last Sunday, where there was a lot of meat on a stick (and the food was good, too, zing!); Troll 2, infamous for the worst acting of any film, ever, last night at Midtown Arts ; and the Arts Festival today at Piedmont, where Jackie, her mother, and I perused overpriced sketches and ate gyros.

This week, I'm watching after Katie and Jamie's dog while they're on vacation;
Henry is cute, but he barks. A lot. They're paying me for watching after him, though, and I'll now thankfully and definitely be able to pay for a plane ticket to New York next month for the blog launch party.

No comments: