
I've been unsteadily reading The Invisibles over some time now, but in the past few days, I've went through one and a half thick volumes of it and am eagerly anticipating more. I associated my love of Grant Morrison with the DC book he was writing at the time, JLA, hundreds of years ago in seventh grade, but had no idea that the ideas behind my favorite superheroes at the time were the product of an acid-fueled genius conspiracy-nut Scotsman. Now that I'm well into this series, it's getting both stranger and more sensical that the man behind something as graphic and mind-warping as The Invisibles is also a man who has an incredible amount of creative control over all the major storylines and characters of DC Comics. Everyone should read this series, though it might have hallucinogenic side effects and may cause psychosis later in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment